Top 5 reasons to join Lexington Law Group:
- Work on meaningful public interest cases that positively impact people and the environment – make a real difference!
- Be part of a firm with a genuine commitment to work life balance where people like to have fun.
- Come to an office in a funky old Victorian that’s eco-friendly and located in a happening part of San Francisco.
- Combine an informal and collegial work environment with a team oriented approach to litigation.
- Competitive salary and superior benefits package .
Current Job Description: Legal Assistant
The Lexington Law Group is a San Francisco based law firm specializing in complex consumer and environmental public interest litigation. We are looking for a legal assistant who is highly professional, self-motivated and extremely organized.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Provide litigation support for public interest cases
- Coordinate court filings and related service
- Research regarding local court rules and filing procedures
- Hearing and trial preparation
- Draft notices, court forms, documents, tables for briefs, memoranda and correspondence
- Maintenance of electronic legal files
- Legal and investigative research for new and existing cases
- Professional telephone reception (shared)
- Manage litigation vendors
- Proficient in Word Perfect, MS-Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A good sense of humor
- A desire to work in a small, collegial firm
- An interest in consumer rights and environmental protection
The ideal candidate will also have at least one year of prior law firm experience, knowledge of California and Federal civil procedure, familiarity with San Francisco, Marin and Alameda Superior Court Local Rules, and proficiency with the ECF federal filing system.
Apply by e-mail only to email@example.com with the following: (1) cover letter; and (2)resume. Include LEGAL ASSISTANT in the subject line. Please do not contact our office by phone.
Our firm does not accept unsolicited resumes from legal recruiting firms.